VirtualSellingX™ Community Professional Community Policies
Last updated March 15, 2023.
Thank you for using VirtualSellingX™ Community, where the world’s Sales Professionals are invited to come together to improve their sales results in the best way possible, stay informed, learn new skills, and build productive relationships. The content that you contribute should add to the VirtualSellingX™ Community in a constructive manner. Additional information on what that means, is laid out below. Together we can make our community a place where everyone is able to learn, grow, and communicate, which, in turn, helps create economic opportunity for everyone.
If you see something you believe may violate our policies, whether in profiles, posts, messages, comments, or anywhere else, please report it at https://www.virtualsellingsalestraining.com/reporting. Combined with our automated defenses, these reports help us identify and prevent abuse. Please use the reporting tools responsibly and only for their intended purposes.
Violating our community policies can result in action against your account or content
These policies apply to all members. Depending on the severity of violation, we may limit the visibility of certain content, label it, or remove it entirely. Repeated or egregious offenses will result in account restriction. If you believe action taken on your content or your account was in error, you can submit an appeal.
Please Be Safe
Only bring safe conversations to VirtualSellingX™ Community.
Do not post harassing content: We don’t allow bullying or harassment. This includes targeted personal attacks, intimidation, shaming, disparagement, and abusive language directed at other members. Do not reveal others' personal or sensitive information (aka "doxing"), or incite others to do the same. You may not engage in trolling or other repetitive negative content that disrupts other members or conversations on the platform.
Harassment and abusive content
As a professional network, VirtualSellingX™ Community maintains a high standard for safe and civil conversations between members. Our policies prohibit a wide range of actions and behaviors associated with harassment, bullying, or other abusive conduct.
We remove content that personally attacks, intimidates, shames, bullies, disparages other VirtualSellingX™ Community members, or is otherwise abusive or uncivil, examples including;
• Directing abusive language, including negative profanity, at other members
• Insulting another member’s intelligence or mental capacity (e.g., calling other members “stupid,” “idiot,” “moron,” or “dumb”)
• Disparaging another member’s appearance, including perceived physical attractiveness, weight, height, or other bodily attributes
• Wishing death or suffering upon other members or their families
• “Doxxing” or sharing personal information about others
• Trolling, pestering, and otherwise repetitive or disruptive behavior that undermines constructive conversations between members
• Comparing people or groups to Nazis, hate or extremist groups, or sexual predators
• Calling for social or political exclusion, deportation, or banishment of any individual or group because of their political (or other non-inherent) beliefs or affiliation
We do allow for disagreements, commentary or criticism on policies and matters of public interest or organizations as long as they do not insult or vilify. Members may express heightened negative criticism and disapproval towards public figures, such as politicians, celebrities, prominent business leaders, or other individuals voluntarily in the public eye.
We also allow members to call out the harassing, hateful, or otherwise abusive conduct of others, so long as the focus remains on driving objective awareness to the behavior, rather than personally attacking or inciting harassment against those individuals. Content that negatively targets others on the basis of inherent traits, like race or gender identity, is enforced under our Hateful and Derogatory Content policies, listed below.
Hateful and Derogatory Content
Hate speech, symbols, and groups are prohibited on VirtualSellingX™ Community. We remove content that attacks, denigrates, intimidates, dehumanizes, incites or threatens hatred, violence, prejudicial or discriminatory action against individuals or groups because of their actual or perceived race, ethnicity, national origin, caste, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or disability status. Examples include;
• Slurs and pejoratives used to demean others on the basis of their inherent traits
• Promoting or expressing support for hate groups or ideology via symbol or otherwise
• Expressions of disgust towards or superiority over people or groups on the basis of inherent traits
• Calls for exclusion or banishment of a specific group based on inherent traits
• Wishing that members of an inherent group die or suffer as a result of violence or serious disease
• Negative stereotypes, rooted in inherent traits, that reinforce harmful attitudes or behaviors against individuals or groups
• Subhuman characterizations, including comparisons to insects, animals, filth, disease, and denial of existence
• Holocaust denial or misappropriation of Holocaust symbology
• Denial of slavery in the United States
We will remove content that evokes hateful rhetoric (including slurs) in the context of counter speech, reclamation, or members’ personal experiences with racism, sexism, ableism, and other forms of prejudice or discrimination.
We also allow members to call out actual or perceived hateful, prejudicial, or discriminatory conduct, provided such content doesn’t otherwise violate our Harassing and inflammatory content policies.
Do not threaten, incite, or promote violence: We don’t allow threatening or inciting violence of any kind. We don’t allow individuals or groups that engage in or promote violence, property damage, or organized criminal activity. You may not use VirtualSellingX™ Community to express support for such individuals or groups or to otherwise glorify violence.
Violent and Graphic Content
We remove depictions of extreme violence, along with image or video content that is excessively gory, gruesome, or disturbingly shocking.
• Depictions of mutilated and/or deceased persons or body parts (including scenes of crimes or accidents)
• Blood, gore, and human or animal fluids or waste
• Depictions of animal cruelty
• Realistic depictions of severe physical violence against a human being, including:
o Murder or attempted murder
o Mass shootings
o Extreme brutality
Conversations on VirtualSellingX™ Community are often reflective of the world around us; which means that at any given time, our global member base may be impacted by military conflict, state actor violence, natural disasters, or catastrophic incidents. In cases where violent or graphic content is shared in connection with a newsworthy event, we may label such content instead of removing it from VirtualSellingX™ Community.
We also recognize that graphic content or content that may otherwise be sensitive for some members, may be shared to raise awareness or condemn. We won’t penalize members for posting content in these circumstances, but we may take steps to label and obscure such content to protect other members who may not wish to see it.
Do not share material depicting the exploitation of children: We have zero tolerance for content that depicts the sexual exploitation of children. Do not share, post, transmit, or solicit child exploitation material through or using our platform. Do not use VirtualSellingX™ Community in any way to facilitate, encourage, or engage in the abuse or exploitation of children. When we become aware of apparent child exploitation, we report it to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), the FBI and any and all applicable legal institutions. Under no circumstances is any content acceptable or tolerated in the VirtualSellingX™ Community which in any way appears, or can be construed as appearing, the exploitation of children. As VirtualSellingX™ Community is not a community which markets to children under the age of 18, it is highly recommended that members avoid any content depicting children in any format at all.
Do not promote, sell or attempt to purchase illegal or dangerous goods or services. We don't allow content that facilitates the purchase of illegal or dangerous goods and/or services, prostitution, and escort services. We don't allow content that promotes or distributes fake educational and/or professional certifications, sale of scraped data, proxy test-taking, or instructions on creating forged official documents. You may not use VirtualSellingX™ Community to hold lotteries, contests, sweepstakes, or giveaways. Do not use VirtualSellingX™ Community to sensationalize or capitalize on tragic events for commercial purposes.
Illegal, dangerous, and inappropriate commercial activity
We don’t allow individuals or entities to engage in inappropriate or unsafe commercial transactions on our platform. We remove content that promotes, distributes, facilitates access to, or attempts to sell illegal or regulated goods and services.
• Providing direct-to-purchase links and/or private contact information to facilitate the sale of illegal or dangerous goods or services such as
o Weapons and firearms
o Recreational drugs and paraphernalia
o Prescription drugs and pharmaceuticals
o Alcohol and tobacco products
o Human body parts, organs, and fluids
o Live animals, livestock, or animal parts
o Gambling sites and services
o Counterfeit items
o Pirated software and media
o Fabricated official documents, scraped member data, and/or financial instruments
• Any content that promotes or facilitates human trafficking, exploitation, or criminal sex acts, including escort, prostitution, or mail-order bride services
• Monetization and/or exploitation of a sensitive global event, such as famine, natural disaster, pandemic, or economic collapse
• Sweepstakes, giveaways, lotteries, and contests
Do not share content promoting dangerous organizations or individuals. We don't allow any terrorist organizations or violent extremist groups on our platform. And we don't allow any individuals who affiliate with such organizations or groups to have a VirtualSellingX™ Community profile. Content that depicts terrorist activity, that is intended to recruit for terrorist organizations, or that threatens, promotes, or supports terrorism in any manner is not tolerated.
Dangerous organizations and individuals
We do not allow organizations or individuals that espouse violence on VirtualSellingX™ Community, including terrorist organizations, violent extremist groups, and individuals affiliated with such groups or activity. We also restrict profiles and pages associated with dangerous organizations and individuals regardless of whether they have posted violative content.
• Content that visually depicts acts or terrorism or that promotes or propagandizes terrorist groups, individuals, or activities
• Glorification or incitement of dangerous organizations and individuals, acts of terror or violent extremism
• Recruitment for terrorist groups or other organizations that espouse violence
• Profiles or pages created and maintained by or in support of terrorist organizations or terrorist individuals, including:
o Any non-state group that (1) identifies through its stated purpose, publications, or actions as an extremist group, (2) engages or has engaged in violence and / or the promotion of violence to further its cause, and (3) targets civilians (non-military)
o Any individual that appears in the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Domestic Terrorism or Most Wanted Terrorists Lists or is a Specially Designated Global Terrorist (SDGT) by the United States Department of State or the US Department of the Treasury
Depictions of terrorist or violent extremist acts can sometimes raise awareness or condemn and there are instances when the context indicates that it was shared for one or both of those purposes. We won’t penalize members for posting content in these circumstances, but we may take steps to label and obscure such content to protect other members who may not wish to see it.
We require you to use your true identity on VirtualSellingX™ Community, provide accurate information about yourself or your organization, and only share information that is real and authentic.
Do not share false or misleading content: Do not share content in a way that you know is, or think may be, misleading or inaccurate, including misinformation or disinformation. Do not share content to interfere with or improperly influence an election or other civic process. We may prevent you from posting content from sites that are known to produce or contain misinformation. Do not share content that directly contradicts guidance from leading global health organizations and public health authorities; including false information about the safety or efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines. Do not share false content or information, including news stories, as though they are true or likely true. Do not post “deepfake” images or videos of others or otherwise post content that has been manipulated to deceive. Do not share content or endorse someone or something in exchange for personal benefit (including personal or family relationships, monetary payment, free products or services, or other value), unless you have included a clear and conspicuous notice of the personal benefit you receive.
False or misleading content
It is a violation of VirtualSellingX™ Community’s Acceptable Use at https://www.virtualsellingsalestraining.com/acceptable-use to post false or misleading content. We remove specific claims, presented as fact, that are demonstrably false or substantially misleading. We also remove content that contains disputed claims relating to sensitive political or socially divisive topics that we are unable to establish as true or untrue and are likely to cause physical harm or violence.
• False claims that undermine trust and discourage participation in civic processes or misleads voters about the time, location, means, or eligibility requirements for voting
• Claims that may induce panic or discourage others from taking safety precautions during an emergency, such as unfounded claims of threats, violence, or danger that could cause harm (e.g. looters are prevalent in an area subject to forest fires)
• Content inaccurately presented as evidence of human rights abuses or military conflict in a specific location that is actually content from another location, event, or timeframe
• Synthetic or manipulated media, such as doctored images or videos that distort real-life events and likely to cause harm to the subject, other individuals or groups, or society at large
• Content that promotes harmful remedies or miracle cures, or otherwise discourages individuals from seeking or heeding professional medical advice
Do not create a fake profile or falsify information about yourself: We don’t allow fake profiles or entities. Do not post misleading or deceptive information about yourself, your business, your qualifications, work experience, affiliations, or achievements. Do not use an image of someone else, or any other image that is not your likeness, for your profile photo. Do not associate yourself on VirtualSellingX™ Community with a business or organization that you are not actually professionally associated with. Do not use or attempt to use another person's VirtualSellingX™ Community account or create a member profile for anyone other than yourself. And do not share your VirtualSellingX™ Community account with anyone else.
Do not scam, defraud, deceive others. Do not use VirtualSellingX™ Community to facilitate romance scams, promote pyramid schemes, or otherwise defraud members. Do not share malicious software that puts our members, platform, or services at risk. Phishing attempts are not tolerated.
Scams and fraud content
We don’t tolerate content intended to scam, defraud, or deceive others for monetary gain. We remove phishing links, malware, known or suspected scam content, and fraudulent content and permanently restrict the accounts of known fraudsters or scammers.
• Cash gifting schemes, including Pyramid or Ponzi schemes
• Payday loan or advance payment scams
• Cash flips, "money muling", and investment scams promising high rates of return
• Individual requests for payment, loans, and financial details, through public content or private messaging, made on false or misleading premises with the intent to defraud
• Phishing attempts, including links posted in unpaid Live Events, collecting member payment details for fraudulent purposes
• Suspicious job posts, such as those advertising “too good to be true” compensation and benefits
We allow members to raise awareness and educate others about scams, as well as condemn fraudulent activities. However, we’ll remove such content when it contains sensitive information, such as personally identifiable information, or functional phishing, malware, or scam links.
VirtualSellingX™ Community's mission is to connect the world's Sales Professionals to make them more productive and successful. We allow broad conversations about the world of sales, but require professional expression. To maintain a professional platform, members should treat each other with respect and civility. Do not interact with others or share content in a way that's uncivil, inappropriate, or disrespectful.
Do not be hateful. We don't allow content that attacks, denigrates, intimidates, dehumanizes, incites or threatens hatred, violence, prejudicial or discriminatory action against individuals or groups because of their actual or perceived race, ethnicity, national origin, caste, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, age, or disability status. Hate groups are not permitted on VirtualSellingX™ Community. Do not use racial, religious, or other slurs that incite or promote hatred, or any other content intended to create division. Do not post or share content that denies a well-documented historical event such as the Holocaust or slavery in the United States.
Do not engage in sexual innuendos or unwanted advances. We don't allow unwanted expressions of attraction, desire, requests for romantic relationship, marriage proposals, sexual advances or innuendo, or lewd remarks. VirtualSellingX™ Community is a professional networking platform, not a dating site. Do not use VirtualSellingX™ Community to pursue romantic connections, ask for romantic dates, or provide sexual commentary on someone's appearance or perceived attractiveness. Do not send unwanted advances in messages, posts, or comments or send sexually explicit images to anyone on the platform.
Sexual innuendos and unwanted advances
Members come to VirtualSellingX™ Community to foster professional connections, learn new skills, and connect to economic opportunity, not to be sexually harassed or subjected to unwanted advances. We remove content that expresses physical or sexual attraction towards others, requests a romantic relationship, or subjects others to sexually suggestive or explicit content.
• Content that expresses an interest in pursuing romantic or sexual relationships, romantic connections, unwelcomed requests for dating, engagement, or marriage
• Unsolicited praise or admiration directed at another member’s physical appearance including beauty, face, body, or sexuality
• Posting or sharing jokes, memes, emojis, or symbols with overt sexual connotations or otherwise commonly associated with sex acts or genitalia
• Posting or sharing sexually explicit media or language, including pornography, sexual cartoons, depictions of sex acts, or genitalia
• Statements like “you are pretty,” “we should go on a date,” “your eyes are sexy,” or any other unwanted advances of expressions of desire are likely to violate this policy
Do not share harmful or shocking material. We don't allow content that is excessively gruesome or shocking. This includes content that is sadistic or gratuitously graphic, such as the depiction of bodily injury, severe physical or sexual violence. We don't allow content, activities, or events that promote, organize, depict, or facilitate criminal activity. We also don't allow content depicting or promoting instructional weapon making, drug abuse, and threats of theft. Do not engage in or promote escort services, prostitution, exploitation of children, or human trafficking. Do not share content or activities that promote or encourage suicide or any type of self-injury, including self-mutilation and eating disorders. If you see signs that someone may be considering self-harm, please report it using our reporting tools and consider also reporting it to your local law enforcement authorities. Do not share material depicting nudity or sexual activity.
Nudity and adult content
We remove content containing nudity or sexual activity.
• Sexually gratifying content, including pornography, simulated sex acts, erotic literature, and other graphic depictions of sex acts performed alone or with others
• Implied sex acts are activities that indicated by inference, association, or consequence rather than by direct depiction
• Full adult nudity or exposure of intimate body parts, including visible genitalia, buttocks, and breasts (excluding breastfeeding)
Do not share material depicting nudity or sexual activity. We don’t allow content that depicts exposed human genitalia, female breasts, and/or human buttocks. We also don’t allow content that depicts, describes, or facilitates access to sexually gratifying material. Content that depicts sexual activity is prohibited.
Do not spam members or the platform. We don't allow untargeted, irrelevant, obviously unwanted, unauthorized, in appropriately commercial or promotional, or gratuitously repetitive messages or similar content. Do not use our invitation feature to send promotional messages to people you don't know or to otherwise spam people. Please make the effort to create original, professional, relevant, and interesting content in order to gain engagement. Don't do things to artificially increase engagement with your content. Respond authentically to others’ content and don’t agree with others ahead of time to like or re-share each other’s content.
The quality of conversations on VirtualSellingX™ Community depends on healthy, relevant content. We may remove or limit the distribution of content designed to artificially increase engagement through misuse or misrepresentation of VirtualSellingX™ Community’s features.
• Emoji / reaction polls that artificially boost engagement
• Posts that misrepresent the functionality of the VirtualSellingX™ Community platform to artificially increase engagement
• Widely circulated “chain letter”-type content, requesting likes, reactions, and shares
• Excessive, irrelevant, or repetitive comments or messages
Professional Community Policy enforcement
We remove content that violates our these policies. When we do this, we also send you a notice that your content violates our policies, how, and the action we’re taking. If you believe your content has been removed in error, you’ll have the opportunity to ask for a second look.
Repeated violations may result in account restriction. We provide the opportunity to appeal an account restriction, and we may reinstate a restricted account if the member agrees to comply with these Professional Community Policies. Continued violations will result in permanent restriction from the VirtualSellingX™ Community platform.
For certain violations of our Professional Community Policies we may permanently restrict your account after a single violation.